Sunday, September 23, 2007

The cactus capitol of the world

Did you know that Sanderson, Texas is the "cactus capitol of the world?" We just got the contract to haul their trash and it begins October 1st. Justin and I are super excited. I had never been to Sanderson, but I got to go today. It's a little over an hour from our house in Alpine. Justin and I worked on cans so that they can be put out on Thursday. He used the "spider" (fancy forklift) to put them in neat rows so that they can have the serial numbers painted on and I took off the stickers that were from Roll-Off USA. I swear I saw that stinking sticker over 100 times and I now have their phone number memorized. I even put on a pair of work gloves b/c I was messing up my new manicure!!! At one point when I was sweating profusely I said, "Justin I feel like I am in the desert." He replies, "Uh...you are." Oh yeah, I forgot that we live next to the desert of Texas. Later Justin said, "Remember where we were two weeks ago at this time (getting on the cruise ship)?" I said, "It doesn't matter where I am, as long as we are together." His reply was, "I just threw up in my mouth."

We got home just a little bit ago and I can't wait to lay down. It's only 7:15pm and I am wiped out. I have a whole new appreciation for people who work outside all day, every day.

No comments: