Thursday, May 15, 2008

Happy Taylor Hicks Day!


Did you know that May 16th is Taylor Hicks Day in the state of Alabama? I wish I was going to be there to join in on the festivities! My friend Meredith has a friend named Claire who lives in Birmingham. I hope she throws a party in Taylor's honor. Some of you may be wondering what old Taylor is up to these days. I thought I might fill you in.....

According to Wikipedia (one of my favorite websites these days), he really hasn't been up to much in 2008. The only major thing in 2008 was that he was dropped from the Arista Records label. Don't worry, the Soul Patrol is alive and well! He also wrote a book in 2007 and was paid $750,000 for it. I need to put that on my list of summer reads.

I hope everyone enjoys Taylor Hicks Day. I will put a gray streak in my hair and wear my Soul Patrol T-shirt all day tomorrow!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so funny!

Melanie

The Texas VicHorns said...

Soul Patrol! Soul Patrol!

I'm over him.

Go David C!

Jack, Emily, SB & Annie said...

Here in Mississippi, May 16 is Jack Redwood Day. He will be 29 years old tomorrow!

boo taylor hicks. yay jack!

daine said...

"old Taylor" m you said it i didn't have to.
and girl you are too funny with your silver streak in your hair.
when you get back you and i should have a morning radio show together.